Thursday 26 January 2012

Cake Smash

I think that this is a bit of an American tradition for 1 year olds.

It really obviously isn't something done in New Zealand very often if some of the comments on my facebook photos are anything to go by.  It's like people think I invented break dancing or something.  Alas I have had to come clean and admit that the smashing wasn't my invention.... I still did make that beautiful cake and that beautiful little girl though. <3 <3 <3.

Anyway, this was lots of fun to do but if I was going to do it again
(1)I wouldn't make the cake (my mixer started smoking then died)
(2)I wouldn't do the icing (Mr Husband is far better at icing than me but alas he spends his days 'working' versus me who just 'plays' all day) and
(3) I wouldn't do it at my house, pink frosting (using the authentic American term for icing) between our floor boards was a bit of a pain to clean.  (mentioning my dirty wooden floors for the second time on this blog) I should have broken into my parents house and done it there.  That would have confused my mother when she saw the photos on facebook....

I wonder how little Miss 1 will behave at little Mr almost 3's birthday party next month after her mother has suggested this is how we eat birthday cake. ♥ ♥ ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment