Friday 6 January 2012

Resolutions? Take more photos and be in more photos.

So I love taking photos of my little people and often their Daddy but there are few photos of me and the little people. 

I know sometimes I can be a little precious when people are taking photos of me worrying about how I look, the composition, background, set up blah blah blah but I don't want my little people to look back on their childhood and ask where their mother was..... 

One of my resolutions this year is that I hope to both take more photos and be in more photos.  My Christmas gift of a remote for my camera may help me achieve this.

When my mother recently turned 60 I followed a great tradition and made up a photo board of her documenting her life, family and achievements over the last 60 years.  I found a great photo of her and myself as a baby.  I love the way she is looking at me perhaps wondering who I will become.  I love the way I look so happy in the arms of my mumma.  I don't so much like the 70's comb over on the guy in the background but you can't have everything in the age of film photography. 

This is a shot which I would like to reproduce this year (minus the comb over).....however here is a photo of my and my little girl in the meanwhile.  So I don't like the set up or the background but check out out cute little H-Star looks and I was having a great hair day so at least those are some positives.  H-Star I promise there will be more photos of us to come this year. 

And my other resolutions for this year??? well that would be telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment